Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Ten Books I'm Going to Read This Summer

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

this week's theme is summer freebies, and since i can't come out with a specific theme, i decide i'll just do the standard one : my summer tbr! to me, summer is the only time i could read as many as possible, and i'm hoping i could read all of them by the end of summer. anyway, here they are :



Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
putting this one on #1 because today is the release day and i have been waiting for 1 year so of course i'll read it as soon as i got it (hopefully by the end of this week!).

The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
i've heard great things about this book, and i can't wait to see it myself.

Heartless by Marissa Meyer
i've heard mixed reviews about this one (some say it's awesome, some say boring), which is why i put it on hold. planning to actually read it this summer though!


Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
i love love jenn's The Anatomical Shape of a Heart/Night Owls so i need to read this asap.

By Your Side by Kasie West
kasie west is my contemporary queen and i don't even know why i haven't read this one 😕

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
i'm buddy-reading it with my irl fangirl friend! i've finished the raven boys and it's pretty great. i can't wait to read the rest.


Seeking Mansfield by Kate Watson
i got an eARC of it and me being me of course forget it 😂 this one sounds like something i'd enjoy though!

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
i feel like i'm putting this book everytime i made a tbr list. i got it early last year, but for some reason everytime i tried to read it i lost interest. hopefull i could actually read it this summer!

The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
i love this series, and i'm afraid to read the midnight star because certain someone's death (yes, i read spoilers). i think it's time to finish it though because marie has a new book coming up!


Caraval by Stephanie Garber
i'm still not sure whether to read this one or not because of the huge hype and because i don't actually know what this book about (i mean, is it fantasy? magical realism?). i have to say i'm curious though!

have you read any of these books? if so, what do you think of it? is any of these book is also in your tbr? also, feel free to recommend me books because i love recs 😊

11 comments:

  1. Glad to see a Kasie West book on your list! I should make it a point to read her books this summer too (love 'Distance' and On the Fence). Also, one of these days I need to read a novel by Marie Lu (sometimes I feel like the only reader who hasn't read one by her!), and as a fan of Everything, Everything, reading Nicola's follow up novel is a priority.

    Hope you enjoy your summer TBR, Tiffany. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caraval is on my summer TBR too, as it's my book club read this month. And I love anything by Kasie West.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Lord of Shadows, Carry on, Caraval, basically all of these... xD I need to finish Heartless but it's really good thus far! I hope you love all of these =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED Carry On! That's my favorite Rainbow Rowell book. Alex, Approximately , Heartless, Caraval, Seeking Mansfield, and The Sun Is Also A Star are all on my TBR list. lol! I will have to check out some of the other ones. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping to read Alex, Approximately soon too! It sounds so good! Great list.
    My Top Ten

    (Sorry for the deleted comment! I added the wrong link in)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many books I adore on this list. The Sun is Also a Star, The Raven Boys, The Midnight Star, and Carry On are amazing reads. I also liked Caraval. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like The Raven Cycle, Heartless and Caraval, so I hope you enjoy them too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/top-ten-tuesday-108/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turtle Bay by King and Butler Cover series by Boyd are good summer reads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeep! You have me so excited or summer reading! I think that you are really going to love Caraval and it is absolutely worth all of the hype. Trust me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I'm planning on doing The Raven Boys next month, looks so good. The Sun Is Also a Star and Heartless were excellent. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014