Sunday, June 4, 2017

Monthly Recap : May

Sunday, June 4, 2017

life
may is basically the month of reading! after 4+ months suffering tests and exams and all that fun senior stuff, i finally could read some of the books i've been dying to read all year long. so yeah, all i do is read and watch movies and sleep for as long as i want. this might sounds boring, but my introvert self is very happy and it's all that matters 😊 also this actually didn't happen on may but yesterday, i finally graduated! i'm happy but also kinda sad because we're all heading into different direction right now. i actually plan to post some photos but it's all still on my phone and i'm too lazy to move it so maybe next month!



blog
may is also the month for blogging, it seems, though i can't say that i post many because it's not that many, but still more than previous months this year (do you even understand what i'm saying?). here's a recap of what i post this month :

review
crooked kingdom by leigh bardugo - 5 stars
a court of wings and ruin by sarah j. maas - 3.5 stars
it started with goodbye by christina june - 4 stars

others
5 perks of reading books (discussion)
best and worst mother and daughter/son relationship (TTT)
ten books i'm planning to read this summer (TTT)

books
i read a total of 8 books this month. while it's not many, at least 4 of them are giant beast (aka more than 500 pages) so i'm not complaining! here they are :




crooked kingdom by leigh bardugo (5/5)
it started with goodbye by christina june (4/5)
words in deep blue by cath crowley (4/5)
a court of wings and ruin by sarah j. maas (3.5/5)
the raven boys by maggie stiefvater (4/5)
lady midnight by cassandra clare (5/5) (reread)
mischief and magnolias by kristi cook (4/5)
lord of shadows by cassandra clare (5/5)

overall, it's a good reading month (or maybe i'm easier to pleased right now?). i haven't decide what to read next since i'm still hungover from lord of shadows, but it definitely will be something from my tbr.

how's your may? is it good? did you do anything fun? tell me about it! 😄

6 comments:

  1. I just picked up The Raven Boys. I can't wait to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaagh, i still need to read crooked kingdom, the raven boys and a court of thorns and roses. so many people are talking about them and yet i always feel meh whenever i wanna pick them up :))

    last month, i finished the strange and beautiful sorrows of ava lavender and it's probably one of the best books i've read. ever. it's a 5 stars read for me. currently, i'm reading magonia by maria dahvana headley which has an interesting fantasy realism concept i've never really found before in most YA books today (and i mean, even neil gaiman praised the book so...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I haven't read both books to be honest, but I've heard great things about them, especially Magonia. The only reason why I haven't pick it up is I'm afraid I won't enjoy it since magical realism often makes me confused xD But really, I hope you love it! :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on graduating! I wish you a summer full of sleeping in, staying up late reading books, and eating way too much delicious food! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your graduation, and yay for being able to take some much-needed time for yourself! I hope you enjoy your summer. :-) You read some awesome books in May! The Raven Boys, Crooked Kingdom, and the Dark Artifices books are among my all-time favorites. I just finished Lord of Shadows two days ago, and I can't stop thinking about it. Omg, that ending.

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014