Saturday, May 13, 2017

5 Perks of Reading Books

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Reading, undoubtedly, has many perks that other hobbies didn't have. I never give much thought the perks of reading, but a few days ago I suddenly curious about what I got from reading. That's why I decide to compile the perks of reading books and share it with you guys. Here they are :




Books Take You to Places
This is one of the reasons why I love to read! I really love travelling, but can't do much because of school and money, so what's better way to 'visit' it than read books? From books, we can imagine outside world through the character's description, and it's absolutely beautiful.


Books Make You Know About Local Traditions And Cultures
Don't you just curious about traditions in other countries? Because I do. I love learning about them. Sometimes cultures and traditions could be very fascinating or interesting (like, do you know in Spain there's a traditions called La Tomatina, which basically a tomato fight in the street? Sounds fun, isn't it?). Also, learning about local cultures and traditions could be very useful.

You Could Gained Knowledge by Reading Books
Sometimes, when you read a book, you could know some interesting things and tricks that might be useful in school/university. For example, there's some school that taught Greek myth (not mine,
unfortunately). By reading Percy Jackson, you could ace all the test without open your textbooks. There's also a lot of useful advices that might be important in real life!

Books Make Your Eyes Open
You might be a little confused with that sentence. What I mean is, book could make you understand things that you didn't understand before. For instance, about LGBTQ. Before I read books and join this community, I don't know how I feel about LGBTQ. I mean, it's against my religion, and the law in my country, but at the same time I don't want to hate them. But after I read books about LGBTQ people and their struggle, I became more understand. Now, I respect and fully support them and I think they deserve to be happy with whoever they want.


Books Make You See From A New POV
When you read a book about a characters with different race than you, you could see the world from a new perspective. From example, black characters. When I read books with black main character, I could know how they feel about the discrimination they sometimes still got.

What do you think perks of reading are?

10 comments:

  1. AHA THERE ARE SO MANY! I defs think the ones you are listed are big ones and along with that, things like a fun, internet free source of entertainment and the vastness of the knowledge you could gain are great things about books!

    xx Anisha @ Sprinkled Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! I learn so much from books, even more than I at school, to be honest :D

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite things about reading is seeing other parts of the world. I can’t afford to travel, so books are a cheap way of exploring.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Hope we both could travel the world someday :)

      Delete
  3. For me it's being transported into new, often fantastical worlds. Even through fiction. I'm not much of a travel bug but I love immerse myself in new cultures and listening to others sharing their experiences and especially with own voices authors, readers can share an authentic experience. I'm with AJ, the last comment. It's a wonderful way to travel in your pyjamas without leaving your house <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. I love learning about new cultures, and it's best to learn from ownvoices books :)

      Delete
  4. I love this post and agree that there are so many benefits of reading! Two of my favorite points you make are how books open our eyes so that we can understand people we may not have otherwise and how they also help us see a new POV. These are HUGE benefits, in my opinion.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad I love reading since it really opens my eyes. Thanks Nicole <3

      Delete
  5. As a reading teacher, I really want my students to have the experience of having their eyes opened to new points of view. I agree that those are some of the most significant benefits of reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I hope your students could get some benefits from reading :D

      Delete

The Bookish Thought © 2014