Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romance in Books (5)

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature that hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic is things I like/dislike in romance, and here's my list.

Like
1. Best friend turn romance
    This is my favorite type of romance! I believe that to love someone, you have to know at least their true personality, and who else know better than your best friend?

2. Act-hate-but-secretly-love romance
    Another favorite too. I think Its really cute to see that everyday you act like you hate him/her while secretly you love them.

3. Slow burn romance
    I don't know why, but I always like books when the 'suppose to be lovers' have many sexual tension. I think its because the satisfied feeling you get when finally the 'suppose to be lovers' turn into lovers.

4. Funny and cute romance
    The romance type where their relationship is full with funny moments, surprises, and hugs and kisses. Some people think its boring, but I like it.

5. Hate turn love
    I love when the 'suppose to be lovers' hate each other at first, but in time they realize that they actually need each other, and even miss the time when they banter and shout at each other. (note: its different from number 2. In this, they really hate each other, not just an act)

Dislike
1. Insta-love
    I think many people would agree with this one. How can you love someone when you just met him/her?

2. Romance that have too much obstacle
    I hate it when there's too much obstacle in a romance. I know that relationship without obstacle/problem is impossible, but if there's too much--especially if its just a simple misunderstanding--I don't think they should stay as a couple.

3. Possessive romance.
    Type of romance where one of the lovers is too possessive to the point that they didn't allow their gf/bf to TALK with other boys/girls. Seriously, do you want your gf/bf to be an antisocial?

4. Too much sex
     I don't mind if they have sex in a book, as long as its not overly descriptive since I'm still 15. But if the sex is really many to the point that almost everything in the book is about them doing it, well, I won't finish it.

5. Where everyone is in love with the main character.
    I don't have a problem with triangle-love, but if there's more than 3 guys/girls (its usually guys) that in love with the main character, I found it unrealistic and hate it.

Well, that's my list! Don't forget to share your Top Ten Tuesday with me, I'd love to read it!

7 comments:

  1. Best friend romance is probably the best idea of all in real life!

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Most of my fav books would contain beat friends romance :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I've been seeing slow-burn romance on a lot of lists this week! I enjoy it too. In a way it's sort of the opposite of insta-love. Too much sex and just mature content overall made my dislikes this week, too. Even in YA, everything seems to be so over the top, and I'm just over here, like "I'M TO YOUNG FOR THIS!" Just kidding (mostly) although it does annoy me at times. Same thing applies to possession in relationships, I prefer to see an equal partnership. Great list Tiffany:)'

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my reaction if the scene is overly descriptive is same like you! Also, if there's possessive romance in a book, I feel like I just want to strangle that character. Sometimes I even didn't continue the book since probably it'll be worse.

      Thanks Claire!

      Delete
  3. I love all those kinds of romances in your like list - especially the hate-turned-love ones!
    I think possessive romances are really bad too!
    Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the hate turned love romance is really fun to read!

      Thanks! <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks! I definitely will check out your list :)

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014