Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Love is in the Air! | Ten Books to Read on Valentine

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Valentine is just a few days away! I didn't have a boyfriend, but I'm perfectly fine in spending Valentine Day with my book boyfriends ;) Anyway, here's ten swoony books to read on Valentine day!


This is an all-time favorites of mine! I've read it at least 3 times and I still get all giddy because of Xander and Caymen

“I love you,” I whisper.
“What was that? I didn’t hear you.”
“Don’t push me.”
“I love you, too,” he says. He puts his cheek against mine. “So much.” 

It has a hate-to-love romance! I enjoy the banter between Ryder and Jemma, while they secretly like each other

"I was meant to do this, I realize. I was made to kiss Ryder Marsden. Everything about it is right, like the last piece of a puzzle falling into place"

and if you need a description of Ryder :

"He’s the star quarterback of our Division 1A state-championship football team. Top student in our class. He plays the piano like some kind of freaking prodigy. Oh, and did I mention that he’s gorgeous? Of course he is. Six foot four, two hundred ten pounds of swoon-worthy good looks"

Do you need an explanation? I know it's a hit or miss, but I think it's the perfect book to read in Valentine. Also, it's set in Paris (to be honest, sometime I'm bored with book set in the US)

“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” 


This is also a favorites! I've read it twice now, and I still have the urge to re-read it again. It's just so swoony, and plus it's all about arts.

“Hey, Bex?” Jack said as he grated. “Just so we’re clear, if we were alone, I’d probably kiss you right now.”
I gave him a swift glance as the hallway laughter made its way back to the kitchen. “Just so we’re clear, I’d probably let you.” 

“What do I want?” His fingers brushed over loose strands of hair near my temple. “I want to call you every five minutes. I want to text you good night every night. I want to make you laugh. And I want you to look at me like you did that first night on the bus.” 

Honestly, I rarely read historical fiction, but I'm so glad I read this one because SWOON <3 Also, this book is out today, so grab your copy like, right now!

It's a penpal romance! Their romance basically starts with exchanging emails (just like we're doing right now) and it's so adorable. Also, if you've read this one, you totally should read the novella, Happy Again.

“Suddenly, it seemed there were about a million times he was supposed to have kissed her, even without the benefit of a script, even without any sort of direction.” 


Okay, I've only read a few pages of this book, but I've read Morgan Matson's other books and I'd no doubts that I will get all swoony when I read this one. Also, it's about road-trip, and that's one of the thing in life that I love.

“The best discoveries always happened to the people who weren't looking for it. Columbus and America. Pinzon, who stumbled on Brazil while looking for the West Indies. Stanley happening on Victoria Falls. And you. Amy Curry, when I was least expecting her."

Well, I couldn't not include this one. Levi and Cath is one of my OTPs. They're just so  <333

“I miss you."
"That's stupid," she said. "I saw you this morning."
"It's not the time," Levi said, and she could hear that he was smiling."It's the distance.” 

I realize that this is more a winter-y stories rather than a Valentine one, but it's still a love stories. Plus, some of these stories are really cute and adorable (and to no one surprise, my favorite story is the one by Stephanie itself)

“I need you to be my person. I need to see you. And hear you. I need you to stay alive. And I need you to stop kissing other people just because they're standing next to you when the ball drops.” 


It's the very first book that made me love contemporary, so I think it deserve a space in this list. Jase and Sam is still one of my favorite couples until now.

“But here’s the truth: In movies, it’s never half so lovely as it is here and now with Jase.” 

So, that's it! Have you read any of these? If not, do you plan to read it? Also, don't forget to share your TTT

9 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG I'm so happy to see Jemma and Ryder on someone's list!! They were my 11th couple...and I might even go back in and add them to my list because I LOVED THEM SO MUCH. Their chemistry was HOT and their love was AWESOME.

    I love the rest of your list, too! I won BLACKHEARTS in a giveaway the other day so I'm soooo excited to read it. <3

    PS: I always need a description of Ryder. So help me... *swoons*

    XOXO
    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice of books, I haven't heard of some of them, but a few are on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what a great list. If I have read them I loved them if not they are all on my TBR!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so ... I basically want to read all of these :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every Stephanie Perkins book is great for V Day! My Personal fave is Lola and The Boy Next Door! I <3 Cricket! :)
    My TTT! :)
    Dreamland Review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Your list so much ;-) Anna and the French kiss is one of my favorite books, I love all of them. I love Paris so much. Lola and the boy next door and Isla and the happily ever after. But of the couple in those books I have to admit I love Isla and Josh more. I'm so in love With Josh <3 Aww Fangirl. Love Cath and Levi. Sweet and wonderfull love story ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I love The Distance Between Us, and Fangirl! Magnolia is cute, too! Blackhearts and The Anatomical Shape of a Heart are on my TBR! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love so many of the books on here! I wasn't the biggest fan of Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, I haven't read My True Love Gave to Me or Blackhearts, but they're both on my TBR! I haven't heard of Magnolia, but it sounds really good so I think I'll try it. As for the others, omg. Some of the best contemporaries I've ever read. Great list!

    - Eli @ The Silver Words
    #Commenting365

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014