Saturday, February 20, 2016

2016 Love-A-Thon : Introduction

Saturday, February 20, 2016


Hi everyone! So, as you know, the famous Love-A-Thon, which is hosted by Alexa, Cee, Mel, and Hazel, is back this year. I'm so excited to join it since last year I didn't get a chance to join (because I'm a newbie blogger and didn't know anyone. Those are a really dark days). Anyway, since it's an introduction post, here's a bit about myself.


1. What’s your name?
Tiffany!

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I'm from Indonesia. There aren't many Indonesian blogger (I only know 3 until this point), so I consider myself as a rare species.

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
It's when I found YA Midnight Reads, which is owned by the lovely Melanie and Celine. I became a regular reader of it for a few months, then decide that blogging is cool and fun, so I decided to make a blog.

4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Honestly, I'm not sure. I was looking for a name and it just showed up in my mind (also, if you notice, there's a typo in the name. It should be "The Bookish's Thought", but I'm too lazy to change the url, so I left it)

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
YA, definitely. Mostly YA fantasy and contemporary, but I'm trying to read more NA now.

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
Well, I do Top Ten Tuesday, and sometimes post a discussion post.

7. Best blogging experience so far?
Since I never go to author signing or book events (because there isn't any here), my best blogging experience would be knowing many awesome book lovers from all around the world <3

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
I love how warm they are! When I first join the community, they help me and guide me so I could be a better blogger and didn't do a lot embarrassing mistakes

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan
The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Tonight the Street Are Ours by Leila Sales
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Falling into Place by Amy Zhang

11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Golden by Jessi Kirby (to be honest, I'm not sure if this book is underrated or not). It's one of the contemporary books that made me think about life and what I wanna do with it.

12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
I have a lot, to be honest! But if I have to choose one, I'd choose Cath from Fangirl as my book BFF, simply because she loves to read and write, so it'll be fun to be her BFF :)

13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Again, I have lots of book boyfriend ;) So I can't just choose one, but here's some of my faves :
Percy from Percy Jackson series
Jack from The Anatomical Shape of a Heart
Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices
Frank Porter from Since You've Been Gone

14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
June from Legend trilogy, because she's a badass and a genius, so I'd no doubt she would figure something out.
Percy and Annabeth from Percy Jackson series. Those two make a great duos.
Will Herondale (of course, if said apocalypse involve some ducks, I just choose the wrong person)

15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Does sleeping and eating count? Okay, I actually love travelling, but I can't travel much right now because of school (I hate skipping school) and money. But someday, I plan to visit many places in this world.

16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I actually like clothes shopping, especially dress. Sometimes, dress could be really beautiful.

17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Okay, again, I didn't have my song that I always play no matter what. My song depends on my mood, so it often changes. Right now, it's Never Forget You by Zara Larsson

18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I'll pick The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, but please, don't ruin it like Shadowhunters

19. What would your dream library look like?
Something like this, perhaps? I'm a minimalist person, so I like everything to be simple and white :)

image source(x)

20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Agan, many. But I'd like to chat with J.K. Rowling and Rick Riordan, since those two write books that made me love reading. Also Kasie West, aka the queen of fluff.

That's it! Hope I can meet many new book blogging friends through this event! <3

10 comments:

  1. I really want to read An Ember in the Ashes, too! I'm doing Love-a-Thon mostly to find other book bloggers with similar interests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm so glad you can join us this year, Tiffany! Prepare for some love and fun!

    YOU DEF NEED TO GET ON SIX OF CROWS SOON. (And it's very important because I caps lock. ;D)

    I loveeeee that dream library. It's so perf because you have books essentially surrounding you + a great view of both the books and outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffany! I am so excited for P.S. I Like You and The Crown's Game! And of course anything Rick Riordan writes, I'll read. LOL. And Golden! That is one of my all time favorite books! I loved it so so much! I really want to read The Anatomical Shape of a Heart soon! I LOVE that library picture! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also want to read P.S. I Like You and Six of Craws.
    I understand how it feels to be a "rare Species" when it comes to blogging. I'm from Croatia so I really don't know many croatian bloggers either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, Tiffany! Your blog design is beautiful, by the way. I loved Jack in the Anatomical Shape of a Heart. I feel that novel in particular doesn't get enough love!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would love my shelves then, as they're all white! ;) Oh goodness, I LOVE that Golden is on your recs list. I cried reading that book. Like you, it really made me think about life and reflect on what I wanted and who I wanted to be. Also, I'm pretty much excited for all of the books that you mentioned coming out in 2016! And you should definitely read Six of Crows (my favorite Bardugo novel!) and An Ember in the Ashes (brutal, but so good). Happy Love-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost all of the 2016 books you are excited for and ones you want to read are either ones I want to read super badly or ones that I adore!!!

    I really like your apocalypse squad because I loooooooveeeee June with all of my being.

    Also: I have been thinking of travelling to Indonesia sometime in the next few years so it's cool to see a blogger from Indonesia especially if they are as rare as you say!

    Happy Love-A-Thon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tiffany. Lovely to meet you. :) I love Cath from Fangirl. Thank you for reminding me how great she is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Tiffany! :D

    Your most anticipated reads of 2016... I too CAN'T WAIT to read those!! Kasie West and Sarah J. Maas are some of my all time favorite authors and I am dying to read The Winner's Kiss. That would be a super cute library! I like the white shelves and my dream library definitely has a reading nook in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HELLO! I've read three of your didn't read in 2015 pile, and I can officially say to you READ THEM! You'll smack yourself when you find out you've been missing out on such gorgeous books!

    Lovely blog, I just followed it, and have a great Love-A-Thon!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014