Friday, June 3, 2016

5 Types of What Fangirls Do After Finishing a Book

Friday, June 3, 2016
image credit

So, as you guys know, many people finished ACOMAF recently and suddenly my twitter and tumblr feeds are full of ACOMAF-related-things, from fanarts, designs, fanfics, and of course, a lot of people screaming about ACOMAF (including me)



This got me thinking that people react differently after finishing a book that gave them a lot of feels. Therefore, I've found 5 type of what fangirls do after finishing a book that gave them feels! Here it is :

1. Must Own All Copies in All Formats
Okay, this type of fangirls are rare because books are expensive and you have to pay for shipping! But they're exist! I've seen a few people who owns like 10 copy of the same book (like 1 Target edition, 1 Waterstones edition, 1 Amazon edition, 1 Hardback, and the rest is foreign editions). I'm definitely not this type of fangirls because I'm 17 and broke, but if I were rich, I'd probably be this type of fangirls.

2. Re-read Said Book RIGHT AFTER Finishing It
I admit, I'm tempted to do this sometimes. Like when I finished ACOMAF and want to reread it again because it's so good, but then I realize that I still have many books in my tbr pile so no I can't. But still there's a lot of fangirls who do this (mostly not book bloggers, though)


3. Fangirls Who MAKE All the Fanarts, Fanfics, Playlists, etc.
Well, I think you're familiar with this type of fangirls. I've tried to write a fanfics once or twice before realizing that writing story is just not in me (I'm more into writing opinions, like book review). Also, I really want to tell you guys thank you for exist because without y'all I'm probably drowning in feels. Seriously, when a book gave me a lot of feels, I always look for these kinds of fangirls. You guys are my savior!

4. Fangirls Who LOOK For All the Fanarts, Fanfics, Playlists, etc.
THIS IS DEFINITELY ME! I think this type is the second-most-common. When a book gave me a lot of feels, what better way to 'distribute' it than reading fanfics? Or looking at those gorgeous fanarts? I remember that one time when I finished The Infernal Devices, I literally devoured every fanfics in fanfiction.net because I couldn't get enough of Will (sadly, my ISP blocked fanfiction.net so I couldn't read it anymore. Seriously, what's wrong with you guys?!). I bet a lot of you guys are this type of fangirls ;)


5. Fangirls Who Tweet/Tumblred (is that even a word?) About Said Book in Caps
This is, obviously, the most common type of fangirls. This is also me sometimes. How many people tweet about ACOMAF last month in caps? A LOT, that's the answer. Anyway, I love this type of fangirls because we can shriek and wail and make a shrine for the book together.


So yeah, there is, of course, another types of fangirls that I haven't mentioned because it didn't enter my mind. Also, 5 is good number, so 5 it is.


Now, I suppose the big question is, which type of fangirls are you? Or, if I haven't mentioned it, tell me what did you do after finishing a book with much feels?

26 comments:

  1. 6. Fangirls who stare at the wall and do nothing for hours after reading a sjhkdahskd book.

    This is such a great post, Tiffany! I can definitely relate!

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes! I knew that type of fangirls do exist xD Thanks Kim!

      Delete
  2. #3-5 though! SO TRUE. Sometimes I quckly draw a character from the book I've read just to satisfy my feels. And then I log into m social media accounts or chat with my friends so I can shriek about it. Then I plow through Google Images and/or Deviantart because SUCH PRETTY FAN ART.

    If only I had enough money, I'd probably do #1 but... Well. Can't have everything. xD As for #2, I rarely do that because my TBR pile will cry to me saying I'm abandoning them. But if the book's really good, I just can't help it!

    Awesome post, Tiffany! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just wish I could draw, though. I mostly went to tumblr to look for fanarts because there are tons of them there. And yes, I will collect every editions and every swags if I have enough money xD Thanks Mara! <33

      Delete
  3. i'm a fanfic writer-type fangirl, definitely. what else would i do after finishing a book other than write about what could have happened or what MUST have happened but wasn't mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! I used to write one-shot fanfics, but quickly realize that writing story isn't my thing and lose interest. I do love reading fanfics until now, but sadly my ISP blocked fanfiction.net :/

      Delete
  4. I mostly just flail and write about the book in caps, but I now want to go off and search for fan art about all the books I love - because fan art is amazing and I can only wish I was that talented!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wish that I could draw because it'd be very cool! You definitely should see some fanarts--some of them will give you feels!

      Delete
  5. I don't really consider myself a fangirl as such (bit too old for that) but if I've completely fallen in love with a book, the first thing I tend to do is to look at other editions so I can start collecting the series. Some books I have several copies of like Illuminae because it was just so epic, so naturally I have a signed edition, Aussie ARC, Aussie edition and a US hardcover. I wish I had of started a less expensive obsession :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, fangirls know no age xD That's actually really cool, I wish I could collecting editions of the book I love, but maybe someday when I already have a job and enough money :)

      Delete
  6. This was awesome post and I must admit I was in a situation when I wanted to re-read a book right after finishing it. :D I think I'm that annoying type of fangirl who wants to talk about said book soo much that she bothers every friend who reads and doesn't want to shut up. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But then I look at my TBR and realize that I can't xD I rarely bother my friends with books actually (except one or two whom I know love books as much as I do), but I knew people who do it. I should've put it on the list :D

      Delete
  7. I am definitely #2, which contributes to the size of my TBR, which you can currently see orbiting the Earth if you have a really good telescope (that was the only place with enough "space" to store it). Sorry for the bad joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could ignore all the TBR list and just start re-reading it like you! And that's okay, it's not a bad joke :D

      Delete
  8. ♥ and completely agree! This is definitely how I act with my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty sure I'm number 4 and 5. I really like going to tumblr after finishing something, it's both entertaining and definitely makes me happy xD

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twinsie! I'm number 4 and 5 too. Tumblr has all the cool stuff like playlist, fanarts, fanfics, fan theory, and aesthetics :)

      Delete
  10. I've had to cool it with the "collect multiple editions of the same book" thing due to space/money concerns, but I still do it for my very favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collecting editions sounds fun, wish I could do it too!

      Delete
  11. I'm definitely a mixture of 4 and 2 especially when it comes to new series. Then again I am very guilty when it comes to number one. over the years i have collected many different versions of Lord of the Rings haha

    http://mythoughtsareablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely number 4, and I wish I could be number 2 without being guilty for all the books in my tbr xD Wish I could be number 1, though :D

      Delete
  12. I flail and write ALL CAPS and basically be in a book hangover for a loooong time. I have to read another genre to get out of it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When i find that book that makes me scream of happiness i find myself going through every review i can find and reliving all the FEELS through other people's words 😁 it's pretty time consuming haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post! I'm 100% number 4 and 5 - as soon as I finish a really good book, I immediately share my love for it everywhere! Often I can get a really big book hangover, but this is usually solved by rereading it, or reading all the fanfiction and fanart!! Loved this post ♥

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm definitely 3, 4 and 5! I love making edits and reading fanfics and generally just flailing about a book anywhere! Your post is amazeballs! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014