Thursday, March 31, 2016

Monthly Recap : March

Thursday, March 31, 2016

March, turns out, is just as busy as February. I thought March will be less busier seeing that my mid-term exams end at the beginning of March, but as soon as the mid-term exams are finished, assignments and tests and quizzes start to roll. Just when spring break starts, I got hit by a huge reading and blogging slumps, thanks to K-Dramas. In short, March is one inactive month, but I think I'll be back in April.

Aside from tests, I attend a lot of parties too this month (5, to be exact), so that's why I can't read as much as I want to.




Like I mentioned above, the reason of my reading and blogging slumps is K-Drama, and I'm pretty sure you know which K-Drama is


Yes, it's the one and only Descendants of the Sun! Seriously, it's really cool and awesome!

Beside of it, earlier this month I'm also obsessed with Halsey's song, especially Colors and Roman Holiday. Have you seen Colors MV? Because if you haven't, you totally should (there's Tyler Posey there!)




1. Discussion Challenge (hosted by Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight and Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction)
Number of discussion posted this month : 0
Total discussion posted : 2/12

2. Debut Author Challenge (hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl)
Number of debut read this month : 1
Total debuts read : 3/12

3. Commenting 365 Challenge (hosted by Nori @ ReadWriteLove 28)
Number of blogs commented : 0
Total blogs commented : 21/365
Okay, here's the thing : I often use my phone to comment on people's blogs, but I can't open the master list on my phone. So this doesn't mean I didn't comment on people's blogs at all this month (I comment on a lot of blogs, in fact), but I can't check and compare it with the master list.


In case you missed these posts :
Review

Top Ten Tuesday


Like I said, I didn't read a lot of books this month (only 3), but at least all of them are great!


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - 5 stars
As expected, Six of Crows manage to outreach my ridiculously high expectations!

The Natural History of Us by Rachel Harris - 3.5 stars
A cute, not-really-light contemporary. If you like The Fine Art of Pretending (the first book), you should read this one.

Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Anstey - 4 stars
A great and adorable historical fiction. If you love historical genre, you totally should read this.

So, how's your March?

6 comments:

  1. OMG, the video for Colors was perfect! I have to admit, I did have to watch it a few times to fully understand it, but when I got it, gosh... it was so powerful! I'm glad you enjoyed Six of Crows too - I'm planning to read it once I've finished the Grisha trio! It sucks that you can't read much too :/

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep, I'm so glad you loved Six of Crows as much as I did! I adore that book! Awesome wrap-up! ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Halsey! I swear I spent like an entire month just listening to her songs on repeat when I first found them a few months ago lol, and Colors is one of my favorites. And I actually don't know what K-Drama is, but that cover (book? movie? show? lol) you posted is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COLORS!! I am so in love with its music video (and the song itself, of course). The aesthetic is just... *thumbs up* I could honestly listen to Halsey all day and never get tired of hearing her voice. xD

    Also, I'm so glad you loved Six of Crows! That book is the-bomb-dot-com. ESPECIALLY THAT ENDING. Can't wait for Crooked Kingdom to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked the books you WERE able to read! I need to listen to more of Halsey, but I love what I know from her so far.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I... have actually never listened to Halsey *hides*. I also totally need to read Six of Crows. Clearly I'm just behind on everything haha! Hope April will be less hectic for you!

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014